From 1845-1849 this was the home of Dr. John Witherspoon Scott and family. According to local oral tradition it was at that time a station on the Underground Railroad. (see page on Scott in People.) The plaque on the south wall of the building attests to the oral tradition, but the source of the plaque has been forgotten.
This plaque is on the south wall of the Scott House.
Karen Arnett, February 2014 (updated March 2015)